Chbib Trading Pty Ltd (trading as Tyre Station) (the Company) is covered by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs), as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (as amended). The APPs govern the way that we collect, use, disclose, secure and provide access to personal information.
The Company will review this policy from time to time, to update and continually improve our processes. If this policy is amended at any time, the updated version will be posted on our website at www.tyrestation.com.au.
Purpose of the Policy
The Company takes its obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (as amended) seriously. We have privacy obligations to our customers and to the public who use the services provided by the Company.
Collection of Personal Information
The Company does not collect personal information unless it is necessary. We only collect personal information by means that are lawful, fair and unobtrusive. When practicable, personal information will only be collected from the individual concerned.
The type of information that the Company collects about you will depend on the nature of the service provided. When you contact the Company, you may provide us with any of the following types of personal information:
· Date of birth
· Email address
· Telephone and facsimile number
· Credit card and other bank details
· Occupation, position or job title
· Details of memberships of trades associations, and
· Other information which may be collected when you visit our website to read or download information, which may include your server address, domain name, the date and time of your visit to our site, the pages viewed and the information downloaded.
Use or Disclosure of Personal Information
The Company will only use or disclose your personal information for the primary purpose of collection, or a related purpose, or where we are required or permitted to do so by law or where you have provided consent.
In addition, the Company uses your information when advising you about our products and services, or upcoming events at the Company. the Company will not provide your personal information to any other organisation for marketing purposes without your consent.
With your consent we may disclose your information to:
· Outsourced service providers including but not limited to printing houses and mail-out services, billing and debt recovery services, financial institutions and information technology services
· Professional advisors such as lawyers, accountants and auditors
· Government authorities as required or authorised by law, and
· Related Motor Trades Associations in other Australian States.
The Company does not disclose personal information to any overseas organisations.
Data Quality, Storage and Security
The Company will endeavour to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is complete, accurate and up to date. In order to assist us to achieve this, it is important that you advise [insert name of business] when your details change.
The Company may store your information in hard copy or electronic format, in storage facilities that we own and operate ourselves, or that are owned and operated by our service providers. the Company will take all reasonable steps to protect personal information from loss, misuse, or unauthorised access.
Some of the steps the Company has taken to protect the security of your personal information include:
· Computer and network security including passwords and other electronic barriers
· Physical restrictions on access to personal information such as security doors
· Policies for destroying or permanently de-identifying personal information no longer required (subject to legal requirements for retaining certain records), and
· Secure internal information handling processes.
Access to Your Personal Information
You have a right to access and correct personal information that we hold about you.
Access may involve permitting you to inspect or take notes or make photocopies of your personal information. To obtain access you will have to provide proof of your identity. This is necessary so that the Company can ensure that your personal information is not disclosed to any other person.
In some circumstances, the Company may not be able to provide access to your personal information. If this occurs, we will provide you with a written explanation. Requests for access to your personal information should be made in writing to the [insert name of business] Privacy Officer. There is generally no fee for access to personal information. However, in some cases a reasonable fee may be charged in order to recover costs if information has to be retrieved from archives or a large quantity of information has been requested.
the Company will respond to all requests for access within 14 days.
If you have any concerns about the way your personal information has been managed by Chbib Trading Pty Ltd or if you believe that Chbib Trading Pty Ltd has breached the APPs, you may make a complaint in writing to the Privacy Officer at:
Chbib Trading Pty Ltd , 9 Technical Drive, Craigieburn, Vic 3064 or email chbibtrading ( a ) gmail.com .
All complaints will be investigated within 14 days of receiving your complaint. If the Company has not handled your personal information in a way that is consistent with the APPs, then we will take steps to remedy this immediately.
If you have any concerns about the way your complaint is being handled, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on: 1300 363 992